Is There a Way Around Gamstop?
- Play on non-Gamstop gambling websites. This is the easiest way for any gambler. All you need is just to create an account at a casino without Gamstop, make a deposit, and start playing your favourite games.
- Choose online casinos with no verification. There are gambling websites that don’t oblige players to fully verify their identity. So, you can use it to play for money and get around Gamstop.
- Play at crypto casinos. Since crypto transactions are 100% anonymous, you can use is to gamble online for money without revealing your identity.
- Visit a land-based casino. That’s really a great solution. Though you need to get to the physical somehow and the budget you’ll need is bigger than for online gambling, you’ll surely have a stunning casino experience.
- Wait until your self-exclusion ends. If you ever had a gambling addiction, that’s the best way for you. You’d better wait until you’re sure you can fully control your gambling.
- Use VPN. This solution works only on certain websites. Still, it also carries some risks, cause you may need to prove your identity for the purpose of withdrawals.
- Register on the site using friends or family members’ names. That’s a viable way to play again, but not very good in the moral. If the person whose data is used is unaware of this, it’s also illegal.
We recommend you to play at non-Gamstop casinos as the best solution to get around Gamstop. It’s legal and even gives you benefits over choosing UK websites. There are lots of websites on the web that accept Brits. Such casinos are licensed outside Great Britain. The authorities that issue licenses for online gambling sites are:
- Curacao E-gaming;
- Malta Gaming Authority;
- KahnawakeGambling Commission;
- CosatRica Gambling Commission.
European websites for British players are usually regulated by MGA and Curacao E-gaming, while American casinos have Kahnawake Gambling Commission licenses.
Playing at non-UK casinos is not only a good way how to get around Gamstop but also the ability to get bigger bonuses. Since such a website doesn’t have to follow the regulations of British authorities, they can offer you a generous welcome package, lucrative non-Gamstop no deposit bonuses, no deposit free spins and reasonable wagering requirements.
Non Gamstop gambling websites offer you the same gaming options as you have in the UK. It includes slots, table games, bingo, keno, scratch cards etc. As for bookmakers, you’ll be able to make bets on all major international and local events around the world, including Great Britain.
Note that not all the non-UK casinos allow you to create an account in GBP. However, you shouldn’t worry about that, cause all your pounds will be automatically exchanged on USD or EUR and vice versa. Still, even this approach shouldn’t be used by people with serious problem gambling issues.
How to Stop Gamstop?
When you sign up for the program, all the UK-licensed online casinos are informed about that and you won’t be able to access any of them in 24 hours. That’s when your self-exclusion period begins. It’ll last from 6 months to 5 years depending on your choice during registration.
It’s not actually possible to stop the Gamstop removal process after that. Even if you’ll contact the support team, you’ll most likely fail to reverse the self-exclusion. Problem gamblers will do anything to start playing again, so Gamstop team will mostly consider that you’re one of such individuals. If you’re really one of them, the best thing you can do is to stop your search and try to live without gambling. On the other hand, if you’ve signed up for Gamstop accidentally, you’d better try to get access to games outside the UK rather than wondering how to cancel Gamstop.
How to Remove Gamstop?
Self-exclusion lasts from 6 months to 5 years. When it’s over, you’ll be able to remove Gamstop. You should be aware that your information won’t be deleted from British casinos’ databases automatically. You’ll have to contact Gamstop support team and ask them to remove the appropriate data. If you feel your life has become better without gambling, you can just leave things as they are and get a lifetime of self-exclusion (until you change your mind).
Note that it takes some time before your information will be removed. It’ll usually take 24 hours to renew the database. After that, you’ll be able to play in most British online casinos again (some of them still won’t allow you to create an account cause they’ll consider you as a problem gambler).
Advantages to Removing Gamstop
Playing without Gamstop offers British players a number of valuable benefits:
- you can gamble for money even after self-exclusion;
- non-Gamstop sites have bigger bonuses for users;
- you can pay with a credit card on the site;
- casinos without Gamstop are not limited in gamification features.
Drawbacks to Undoing Gamstop
Even though Gamstop creates certain issues for UK players, removing it leads to several disadvantages:
- you’re not protected by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission;
- removing Gamstop may be harmful to vulnerable players who tend to problem gambling;
- the UK currency and PayPal payment method may be not available.
How to Withdraw Money From the Blocked Casino Account?
As soon as your self-exclusion starts, you won’t be able to access the casino website. It means it’s impossible to cash out funds using the cashier section on the site. In this case, you’ll have to contact the casino support in some way. You can do that:
- By phone;
- Via live chat;
- By e-mail.
When you’ll successfully contact the support, explain the situation and give all your personal data that is required to verify you as an account owner. Then discuss how the money should be transferred. You can offer to use a payment system that was previously utilized by you for deposits and withdrawals. When your request will be processed you’ll get the money back.
It’s crucial to give full information when you contact the support team. It includes your name, information about your account and other data. The more accurate you are the faster you’ll receive the money.
You shouldn’t worry about losing your funds if you’ve used your real personal information to register on the website. UK casinos follow UKGC rules, so they won’t risk their reputation to get your money. Anyway, in case of any issues, you can contact the UK Gambling Commission and ask for their assistance.