How do We Rate European Casinos?
Our team has an efficient mechanism for assessing European casinos, which helps us choose the best gambling websites for UK players. We check all aspects of an online casino to ensure it fits the highest industry standards and can be trusted.
The algorithm we use includes a few crucial steps. Each one contributes to the total score a gambling website gets. In the end, we compare the total scores to pick the top casinos for our list.
No Gamstop Option
We are focused on websites without Gamstop, cause we believe that they offer much better gambling opportunities for Brits than UK-licensed websites.
The first thing we check is whether the casino has Gamstop. If not, we select it for a further review, which would show how good this gambling website is.
Although we don’t like Gamstop, our team fully supports responsible gambling. We just think that players should have control of how much they play and that in-house casino self-exclusion tools are quite enough in most cases.
A good European online casino will offer you numerous responsible gambling tools. It’s, of course, self-exclusion, cooling-off period, reality check feature, and various personal limits. Using these tools, you can prevent addiction at early stages and block yourself from gambling if necessary.
Number of Slots
Without doubts, slots are the most popular games at online casinos and table games, poker, and even bingo can compete. They have simple gameplay and rules, high payouts, and a fast pace, which makes them very engaging.
For our list, we choose European casinos with the best selection of slot machines. Such websites have hundreds of titles, including must-have games from top providers, including Book of Dead, Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest, Twin Spin, and other popular slots.
The variety of jackpot slot machines matters too. The best European online casinos will offer you such jackpot games as Mega Moolah, Major Millions, Divine Fortune, and more exciting progressive slot machines.
Welcome Bonus Package
Bonuses allow you to significantly increase your budget and hence get better winnings. The welcome package is probably the most important type of promotional offer, cause it gives players a starting boost. It should provide as many benefits as possible.
A good welcome bonus should provide:
- a free no deposit gift;
- generous new player deposit match bonuses;
- free spins for slot machines.
Our team pays much attention to the bonus rules. We check how fair they are, including wagering requirements, limits on bonus winnings cash-outs, and max bet during wagering.
Brits love betting on sports, maybe even more than spinning the reels ins lots. A good online bookie section is a must for a good gambling website.
Top European casinos have sportsbooks with a variety of betting markets, including popular in Britain football, cricket, boxing, and horse racing. Such bookies offer players high odds and all possible bet types, including parlays, over/under, money line, props, teasers, and futures.
The best bookmakers also provide live streaming of sports events and in-play bets. You’ll be able to watch competitions right on the website, see how odds change, and make stakes during the game.
Wide Choice of Payment Options
European online casinos offer players a variety of payment solutions for depositing and withdrawing funds. It includes;
- Bank cards. While at UK casinos you can use only debit cards, European gambling sites allow you to pay with Visa and MasterCard credit cards too.
- E-wallets. Online casinos in Europe widely use e-wallets. Mostly Skrill, Neteller, and ecoPayz. As for PayPal, it’s mostly not available for British players.
- Crypto. Paying with cryptocurrencies is a common practice at many European casinos. Gambling websites accept Bitcoin, Ether, Bitcoin Cash, USDT, DOGE, and other types of digital currencies.
- Prepaid cards. This is an absolutely anonymous way to replenish your account at an online casino. You can purchase a card online or offline and then pay using a special code. The most popular payment solution in this category is Paysafecard.
Players who prefer to pay using their mobile phone bill should know that Boku isn’t available on European gambling websites. Still, the above-mentioned banking methods are good enough to substitute Boku payments for mobile casino players.
Safety and Security
Players’ security and safety are always our priority. For our rating, we choose only online casinos with a good reputation and positive users’ feedback. We also ensure that the gambling website:
- has a valid casino license issued by a reputable authority other than UKGC;
- the website uses powerful encryption protocols to protect players’ personal information;
- all payments are secured by encryption and processed by a trustworthy company;
- the casino respects users’ privacy and doesn’t share their personal data with third parties.
EU Casinos Pros & Cons
Playing at European casinos online has both benefits and drawbacks. The main advantages of gambling outside the United Kingdom are:
- the ability to play without Gamstop;
- big bonuses for players;
- more promotions and special events;
- gambling software from tens of games studious;
- higher deposit limits.
There are also a few disadvantages of playing at European casinos not on Gamstop:
- you can’t self-exclude yourself from all gambling sites at once;
- you don’t have the protection of the UK Gambling Commission;
- some British payment methods like PayPal may be not available.
It’s up to you whether to choose a British site or EU casinos for UK players. If you need no deposit bonuses or big reload bonuses and many gambling opportunities, you surely have to try playing on European websites. Still, users who require Gamstop to make sure they’ll gamble responsibly should probably stay at UK casinos.
Licenses in Europe for Casinos
In the UK, gambling sites should be licensed by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission. As for Euro casinos, they’re regulated by other authorities. The most reputable Non-Uk casinos, which issue licenses for European casino sites are:
- Malta Gaming Authority – a regulatory entity based in Malta. It licenses only the most reputable casino operators that have successfully passed a meticulous compliance procedure. If the website is licensed by MGA, it’s fair with users, financially sustainable, and secure.
- Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner – a highly-respected organization with over 20 years of experience in regulating gambling markets. This authority is famous for licensing only blue-chip companies that have a perfect reputation and good financial sustainability.
- Curacao e-Gaming – a licensing entity based in the Curacoa island – on overseas territory owned by the Kingdom of the Netherlands. New EU casinos often choose this authority due to low license cost and full assistance with local servers, payment processing, and legal documents.
A few local European authorities also include licensing entities in Germany, Sweden, Poland, Czech Republic, Italy, and France. Still, these organizations usually have more strict rules for players than UKGC, so it’s not worth it for a UK gambler to consider websites with such licenses.
Games at Top European Casinos
The abundance of games is crucial for a real-money gambling site. It guarantees that playing on such a website will never be boring. EU casinos that accept UK players offer users an exhaustive choice of games in different categories. You’ll be able to play:
- Slot machines. The selection of slots at EU casinos is extensive. In the lobby, you’ll find hundreds or even a few thousands of games from prominent software developers. It includes video slots, classic reels, jackpot slots, fruity machines, Megaways, and bonus slots. Overseas casinos accepting UK players also have progressive slot machines with jackpots worth millions of pounds.
- Table games. The best European casinos that accept UK players offer tens of table games to choose from for those who like to play roulette, craps, and sic bo. You can pick one that you like and gamble for money. It’s also possible to find a game version for all types of budget from a few pounds to hundreds of GBP.
- Card games. The list of card games at EU casinos not on Gamstop includes blackjack, pontoon, casino pokers, baccarat, and video poker. In the lobby section, you’ll find tons of different titles from the best developers in the industry.
- Bingo. The game is not so popular in Europe as in Britain, but European casino sites still offer you a few bingo games. Note that the rules of bingo may be different from the ones used in the UK. Except for a traditional 90-ball bingo, you’ll be able to play 75-ball and 30-ball versions of bingo.
- Other games. This category in the casino lobby includes game shows, scratch cards, instant win games, keno, and more.
European casinos not on Gamstop also offer live casino games for players. You’ll be able to play blackjack, baccarat, roulette, and casino pokers with qualified real dealers. The gambling software for live casinos not on Gamstop is provided by such developers as NetEnt, Ezugi, and Evolution.
Is There Any Alternative to Euro Casinos for Players On Gamstop?
Though lots of users who want to get rid of Gamstop choose independent casino sites, there are decent alternatives in other jurisdictions around the world. All you need is to check whether these casinos can be trusted and accept players from Great Britain legally.
Gambling laws in the US differ from state to state. While some federal states have legalized online casinos, other ones have implemented a complete ban on gambling on the web.
American online casinos are licensed whether in US states where gambling is legal or in overseas jurisdictions like Panama and Costa Rica. Most of them accept players from worldwide, including Brits.
While on the country level the gambling legislation is in the grey zone in Canada, the Kahnawake Mohawk territory has fully legalized online casinos a long time ago and issues licenses for such gambling websites.
Canadian casinos usually accept British Players without any restrictions. They’re also rich in bonuses and offer users a wide selection of top machines.
Choosing a gambling website licensed in Gibraltar is a wise decision for any UK gambler. The local gambling commission is one of the oldest in the world and features a perfect reputation. It issues licenses only for top-notch casino operators, which have proven to be the best in the industry. Playing at a GRA casino, you can be sure that your personal information is safe and the rules for players are fair.
Despite strict casino laws in Australia, this is one of the most thriving gambling markets in the world with millions of local gamblers and billions of dollars annual turnover. Australian casinos are licensed by overseas authorities, but they’re still targeted on Aussies. So, be ready that local payment solutions will prevail, as well as the casino software from such popular Australian developers as Aristocrat.
Other non-UK Casinos
Online gambling is legal in many countries around the world. There are official casino licenses in Sweden, Germany, Poland, Italy, France, Spain, the Czech Republic, and other jurisdictions. Casinos from these countries may accept Brits. You can join such gambling websites and play for money. Just be sure that the casino license is issued by a reputable authority and that users are treated fairly at this online gambling venue.