How We Rate Credit Card Betting Sites
On our list, we have the best bookmakers that accept credit cards. We choose them thoroughly and check every sportsbook according to the number of criteria our experts have chosen. Each criterion is important and influences your betting experience. That’s why we consider all of them and make decisions only when the whole review is completed and we know everything about the bookie.
No Gamstop Exclusion
Online sportsbooks that take credit cards are essentially non-UK gambling sites. This means they don’t have to follow British regulations in the sphere of Betting.
Still, Gamstop exclusion is supported not only by UKGC bookies but also by the ones licensed by Malta Gaming Authority.
For our rating, we select sports betting sites that take credit cards and don’t use Gamstop. Our experts also ensure that such bookmakers have local self-exclusion tools as an alternative to the UK Gamstop.
Available for British Players
Most non-UK sportsbook sites allow players to pay with credit cards. That’s actually one of the most popular methods to deposit and withdraw funds. However, not all bookies that accept credit cards welcome British users. Some of them won’t let you make real-money bets.
The list of forbidden jurisdictions is always mentioned in the Terms & Conditions on the site. If Great Britain is not on that list, you can freely join the site and enjoy betting.
Our experts always check the availability of online bookmakers for Brits, so be 100% sure that all credit card betting sites on our list will allow you to gamble for real.
As a British player, you might have noticed that UK bookmakers have rather low maximum deposit limits. That’s because the United Kingdom Gambling Commission obliges them to set such limitations in order to prevent players from losing a lot of money. That seems to be a good thing, but only for those who can’t control how much they play. The other side of this situation is that you can’t play big and get substantial winnings.
Gambling sites that accept credit cards usually don’t have limits. Your payments are limited only by the rules of the payment system you use. If you want to control your expenditures, you can set your own deposit limit through the website support.
For our list, we pick online betting sites that accept credit cards and allow you to deposit as many funds as you need to enjoy gambling in full and get big winning.
Another thing our experts consider reviewing bookies is limitations on prizes withdrawals. We thoroughly examine the Terms & Conditions section on the site to ensure that you’ll get all your winnings in full.
Valuable Bonus Offers
Bonuses allow punters to get extra funds for betting. That’s a great opportunity to increase your stakes or just bet on a wider number of events. It all may lead to bigger winnings in the end.
The best betting sites that accept credit cards will offer you such bonuses;
- Free bets for new players. You can get free funds for bets right on sign-up. Just create an account and the bookie will reward you with the ability to make a stake without risk.
- Welcome bonus for new users. That’s a prize every player may receive after registration. To get a bonus, you need to replenish your account on the site. The bookmaker will provide extra funds that you can use to bet on your favourite sports.
- Deposit bonuses. To offer regular players the ability to enjoy bonus funds, sportsbooks provide deposit bonuses. Just top up your balance following the promotion rules, and you’ll receive bonus money.
Lots of credit card betting sites also feature loyalty programs for users. When you make real-money bets, you’ll get loyalty points. Then, you can exchange them for bonuses.
Casinos Games Section
Brits are fond of betting without a doubt, but UK gamblers like spinning the reels and playing other games at the casinos not on Gamstop. That’s why for our list we search sportsbooks with quality casinos that accept credit cards. What we want is:
- lots of available casino games;
- gambling software from top providers;
- jackpot games;
- live games section;
- lucrative casino bonuses.
For the casino section, it’s a must that all games use Random Number Generation. The software should be provided by licensed developers only.
Pros of Bookmakers that Accept Credit Cards
Playing on betting sites that use credit cards, you’ll enjoy such benefits:
- you can fund your account even if you don’t have free money right now;
- the limits on deposits are way higher than on UKGC sites;
- you’ll get big bonuses worth hundreds of pounds;
- Gamstop players can make real-money bets too;
- higher odds for players and hence better winnings.
Cons of Betting Sites that Accept Credit Cards
Using a credit card to fund your online bookmaker account also has certain disadvantages:
- paying with a credit card may lead to high fees and debts;
- it’s not possible to use the Gamstop exclusion scheme;
- gambling companies are not checked by UKGC;
- bookies are not focused on the British market.
Overview of Using credit Card on Betting Sites
If you haven’t paid with a credit card on a sportsbook site, check out the instructions below to learn how to do that. It’s easy and is not that different from paying with other merchants on the web.
How to Deposit with a Credit Card Betting Site?
Before you make a deposit, first open the account on the site if you don’t have one. Then follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Cashier page on the website.
- Choose Deposit and then select Visa, MasterCard, or Amex depending on your card type.
- Enter the top-up sum and credit card credentials, including number, expiration date, and security code.
- Confirm the payment. You may need to verify the transaction with a special code you’ll receive from your bank.
Deposits on betting sites not on Gamstop are instant, so you’ll be able to go to the Line section and choose events for stakes right away.
How to Withdraw Funds from a Credit Card Bookie?
Requesting cash-outs on credit card betting sites is even more simple than depositing funds. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Cashier.
- Choose a credit card payment solution.
- Enter the withdrawal sum.
- Confirm the payment.
If you’ve added the card earlier, you won’ need to enter the credential again.
Before you cash out funds, make sure you’ve successfully redeemed all active bonuses. Also, user verification may be required for bigger withdrawals.
Most Popular Sports Bets with Credit Cards
Bookmakers that accept credit cards offer users lots of exciting sports events for betting. This list usually includes tens of different markets. Below, you’ll find the most popular sports you can bet on paying with credit card betting sites.
Of course, every bookie in the world will offer you football betting not on Gamstop. Even though betting sites that accept credit cards are not focused at the UK market, they usually have all football even that re popular in the UK. It includes the English Premier League, UEFA Champions Leagues, UEFA Europa League, Football World Cup, and more.
Brits like horse racing not on Gamstop, but this sport is popular worldwide too, so it’s not a problem to find top sports betting events on online betting sites that accept credit cards. Moreover, you’ll often enjoy significantly higher odds for horse racing than with UK bookies.
Bookies that accept credit cards have lots of e-sports events to offer the users. You can watch and bet on competitions in Dota II, Fifa, CS: GO, League of Legends, and many other online games.
Though it originates in the United Kingdom, cricket became popular in some other countries too. So, international bookies will always offer you bets on top cricket events.
Main Credit Card Payment Processors
You get a credit card from your bank, but all the payments to/from it are also processed by the payment processing system. There are 3 credit card types you can use on foreign sportsbook sites:
- Visa. This is the largest payment processing system in the world with trillions of pounds annual turnover. Visa cards are reliable, safe, and feature rather high limits. On gambling sites that accept credit cards, you can also use Visa debits cards and Visa gift cards.
- MasterCard. The second-largest payment processing system in the world offers you a wide variety of credit card types, including premium solutions. Bookies also allow you to use MasterCard prepaid cards.
- American Express. Amex credit cards are not very common on sportsbook websites, because the payment system has very strict requirements for merchants. If you can use American Express on the website, you can be sure it’s reliable and features safe payments.
Credit Card Gambling Payments Alternatives
Credit cards are a reliable and safe option for paying at a casino. Still, they have certain drawbacks too, so you can consider such alternatives:
- PayPal – the pioneer in the sphere of e-wallets and one of the most trusted payment solutions in the industry. Brits are used to paying with PayPal and highly value the benefits of this banking solution. Note that PayPal is available only with UK bookies. You can’t pay with PayPal not on Gamstop.
- Bitcoin – a promising alternative to betting sites that accept credit cards. Crypto bookmakers have very high payment limits, offer great anonymity, and feature a simplified Know Your Customer procedure that eases the verification process a lot.
- Pay by phone. If you prefer to bet on mobile, pay by phone payment solutions like Boku are a good option for deposits. Still, you can’t use them without Gamstop and such banking solutions support only deposits, but not withdrawals.